About Our Pharmacy
Edwards Pharmacy was established in 1940 by Snowdie Edwards. He ran the store until 1960 when his son, Mac Edwards took over. Then in 1978 two doctors in Ayden bought the store from Mac Edwards. In 1979 Horace Tripp went in partnership with the two doctors and in 1984 bought the two doctors out. Edwards Pharmacy is a tradition pharmacy carrying a lot of old fashion remedies. The pharmacy has an old fashion soda fountain, making products taking back from 1960, like chicken salad cold plates and orange aids. Here at Edwards Pharmacy we are proud of a long standing tradition, which makes us the oldest independent pharmacy in Pitt County.